We are looking for Playworkers for our Breakfast Club and Afterschool Club.
Ideally applicants will have a relevant Level 2 NVQ (or equivalent) or above, preferably in Playwork, but not essential.
We need folk who are creative, enthusiastic with a good dose of common sense and of course, who like working and enjoy interacting with children aged between 4 –11. You don’t have to be available for both sessions or every week day!
Successful applicants will join us in providing high-quality, safe and stimulating breakfast and after school care for the children attending Duxford Community.
Job summary: Assist with day to day activities of the club
Provide quality playcare within the framework of The DX Club’s policies and procedures
Line manager: The Business Manager/Managers
Responsible for: Not applicable
Working relationships: Children attending The DX Club and their parents/carers; Management and staff, including students and volunteers;Schools and registering authorities
Main duties include:
- Assist with planning, preparing and delivering quality play opportunities within a safe and caring environment.
- Providing comprehensive care for the children including:
- Setting up the play space including moving furniture and play equipment, if necessary
- Administering first aid when necessary
- Consulting with children and involving them in planning activities
- Helping with club administration, where necessary
- Encouraging parental involvement
- Facilitating good communication with all members of the organisation, parents, and school.
- Undertaking appropriate and relevant training.
- Keeping the work environment healthy, safe and secure.
- Working within the framework of The DX Club’s policies and procedures.
- Experience of working with 4 to 11 year olds
- Understanding the varied needs of children and their families
- Understanding the issues involved in the delivery of quality play care
- Understanding the issues of equal opportunities
- Provide and facilitate safe and creative play
- Good communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Sound judgement and common sense
- Sufficient understanding and use of English to ensure the well-being of the children*
- Experience of working within a play-based setting
- Experience of administration
- Competent in using IT to support play and administration
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Relevant qualification or willingness to work towards this
- Appropriate Child Protection training
- Current Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- Food Hygiene Certificate