We wish to appoint two experienced, passionate and creative members of playgroup staff to deliver high quality pre-school education and early years support to children attending a small village playgroup in Teversham, and their families.
There is also the opportunity for suitably qualified and experienced applicants to be considered for the role of Deputy Manager.
The successful applicant will provide inclusive play and learning opportunities for all children attending the playgroup and maintain a safe, stimulating and enjoyable environment. They will contribute to the curriculum planning within the group. Playgroup staff members will have key children.
Your main duties will include:
- Working as part of a childcare team to achieve improved Ofsted inspection judgments
- Ensuring that the early years service delivered is of the highest quality
- Liaising with families about their children’s learning and needs
- Ensuring accurate record-keeping and complying with reporting requirements
- Promoting services within the local community and meeting local needs
- The Deputy Manager will support the Manager in their duties as required
You will have:
- Experience of working in or supporting early years and childcare settings
- A relevant qualification (Level 2 or above – Assistant, Level 3 or above – Deputy Manager)
- Good communication skills
- Passion for supporting children to thrive and meet their potential
- Sound knowledge of child development and early years learning
A pre-application visit is warmly welcomed. Contact us today and arrange a date and time to come and meet the team and children.
CV’s will not be accepted; a supporting statement will be required to demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria set out in the person specification by providing specific examples of your experience, skills and knowledge.
Closing date for applications: 13th April 2018.
Interview date: TBC
Salary: Ranging between £8.50 - £11.00, pro rata, depending on experience and qualifications.
Open term time only 8:30-12.00 Monday to Friday. Maximum 18 hours per week. Applications from those requiring full-time and par- time hours will be considered.
The successful applicant will start in September 2018 for the new academic year.
Location: Teversham Playgroup c/o Teversham Church of England Primary School, Church Road, Teversham, Cambridge, CB1 9AZ
Application form and job description can be downloaded from:
Please send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or Teversham Playgroup c/o Teversham Church of England Primary School, Church Road, Teversham, Cambridge, CB1 9AZ.
The charity is committed to equal opportunities in employment. Post is subject to DBS Enhanced checks and satisfactory references. Registered as an educational charity. Registered charity No. 1032290