Do you have a couple of hours each weekday morning in term time which you could use to improve your local school building for our inspiring pupils?
Are you able to complete tasks like leaf collecting, gritting, litter picking and fixing things?
We are looking for a part time caretaker to take care of our school
Part time 10 hours per week
Usual hours of work 7:35-9:35am
Permanent start date – as soon as possible
Salary: National Pay scales – Site staff job family L1 (£8.50 per hour) to L3 (£8.90 per hour) depending on qualifications and experience
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, practical and self-motivated person who would like to provide a key role in maintaining our school site to ensure a welcoming and safe environment for the whole school community.
Duties will include:
- Unlocking (and on occasions locking up) the school
- Carrying out security checks on the building
- Carrying out and record basic checks (such as the fire alarm) and maintaining Health and Safety records
- Supporting the maintenance of property and grounds including liaising with contractors
- Monitoring site stock and order supplies
- Experience of DIY and ability to carry out minor repairs, general maintenance and decorating competently
- Willingness to attend training courses including Health and Safety
- Undertake cleaning duties
- Undertaking caretaking duties
- Previous experience would be beneficial but training will be provided. The successful candidate will be required to act as a key holder.
The hours of working are Monday to Friday 7.35am – 9:35 am. These are guide and some variation may be negotiated.
This role gives you the opportunity to make a positive difference in children’s lives, we can offer:
- Happy, enthusiastic, keen and well behaved pupils
- A friendly school community with a distinctive ethos
- A new and supportive team where effort, encouragement and excellence are celebrated and where professional development opportunities are provided
If you are an already an excellent caretaker or have the relevant skills and commitment and are keen to take on a role in maintaining and improving our wonderful community school, please contact Mrs Claire Davy, our School secretary on 01223 207382 or email email@example.com to arrange a visit and request an application pack. Visits are strongly encouraged and welcomed.
Closing date for applications: 9am Wednesday 13th February 2019.
Interview date: provisionally from Monday 25th February 2019.
We actively promote equality of opportunity in employment to reflect the communities we serve. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria will be offered an interview. This school is committed to safeguarding including the Prevent agenda and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this. Giving false information is an offence and could result in the application being rejected and referred to the police. Any appointment made will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check, right to work in the UK and qualifications check, satisfactory references and medical clearance. The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice and information in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. Apply for this Job
(On School Website)