JOB TITLE: Childcare Practitioner
BASED: Over New Road Preschool CIC
RESPONSIBLE TO: MANAGER
JOB PURPOSE: To work as a key worker and as part of the preschool team.
To provide inclusive play and learning opportunities for all
children attending the setting and to maintain a safe,
stimulating and enjoyable environment.
- To supervise the children and to protect them from dangerous or harmful situations.
- To share any child protection concerns immediately with the Designated Person for Child Protection.
- To provide a high level of care that will enhance the children’s general health and well-being.
- To act as a key person to a small group of children and to ensure their needs are reflected in the planning of routines and activities and to liaise regularly with parents/carers about their children’s needs, interests and progress
- To keep informative, accurate and up-to-date records, including records of progress and any behavioural or developmental reports.
- To attend any conferences, training events , meetings and courses as identified by the Manager and to keep up to date with current good practice.
- To adhere to the pre-school’s policies and code of practice on confidentiality.
- To attend and contribute to regular staff meetings.
- To attend regular staff appraisals.
- To assist with setting up and clearing away at each session.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties discussed and directed by the line manager.