Orchards CE Academy
(a part of the Diocese of Ely Multi-Academy Trust)
is seeking to appoint an
Assistant Headteacher from September 2019 (Curriculum)
L2-L4 (with retention bonus of £1000 at the end of years 1 and 3 subject to achievement of performance management targets)
Orchards is on an exciting but challenging journey and we would love you to join us!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking leader and teacher to join our highly committed team. This person must demonstrate ‘a glass half full’ mentality and be able to subscribe, wholeheartedly, to the academy’s values of respect, ambition, perseverance and responsibility.
We are looking for:
- A resilient person with a profound commitment to developing and sustaining change that considerably improves children’s engagement in school life, school culture and outcomes
- A consistently good, creative classroom practitioner with high expectations for pupils’ work and behaviour
- Someone who is full of ideas about curriculum change and can evidence some success in leading change in this aspect of school life
We can offer you:
- A school where nearly all children are friendly and enthusiastic. Like all schools, we have some who are not but there is a strong behaviour management system in place plus a Wellbeing Team who are available to support where necessary
- An offer of on-going professional development depending on career stage (see applicant pack) that meets current individual needs and encourages pursuit of future ambitions
- A culture where humour is part of school life!
For more information and an application pack, please visit our website: http://www.orchards.cambs.sch.uk/vacancies/
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged; to arrange an appointment please call: Kirsty Cross or Angela Watson at the school on 01945 583799. Applications, including a personal statement outlines achievements related to curriculum development, should be returned by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 27th March (midday)
Interviews: Tuesday 2nd or Wednesday 3rd April 2019
The Diocese of Ely Multi-Academy Trust (DEMAT) is an equal opportunities employer and employs suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. Any appointments will be subject to satisfactory medical checks, references and an enhanced DBS check. Apply for this Job
(On School Website)