Teaching Assistant (Level 3)
Required for September 2019
The Diamond Learning Partnership Trust are looking for a Level 3 Teaching Assistant to join Leverington Primary Academy.
Hours: 30 hours per week (Monday to Friday 8:45am until 3:15pm) / 30 minute lunch break per day (unpaid)
Working weeks: 38 weeks per year (term time only)
Salary Range: Scale points 7 to 11 (dependent on experience) (actual salary £14,974.43 to £16,208.90 per annum)
Contract: Fixed term to July 2020 (in the first instance)
We have an exciting opportunity to appoint a dedicated, enthusiastic and caring Teaching Assistant to join our experienced staff team to work 1:1 with a child with complex medical needs. She is a happy, chatty and mobile child/little girl, who is dependent on medical equipment for her breathing. Theright candidate will be working closely with her ‘team around the child’ to ensure the best possible opportunities for full participation in her learning needs are supported. On occasions, if she is unwell and cannot be in school, the successful candidate will provide some academic support in her home to ensure the continuity of her education.
We are looking for someone who will bring enthusiasm and a commitment to children's learning to our happy, friendly and supportive academy. Full training will be provided by the nursing team to support her medical needs.
The right candidate will need to be adaptable, enthusiastic, highly motivated and have the ability to work effectively as part of a team, whilst feeling confident to voice the child’s individual medical needs and promote her independence. The candidate must demonstrate full commitment to the academy. The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to build good relationships with individuals, parents/carers, colleagues and other professionals;
- Commitment to equal opportunities;
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team but also to use your own initiative;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Patience and a good sense of humour.
- Enthusiasm to learn new skills with ongoing training and support.
In return we can offer:
- A friendly and supportive staff team.
- Opportunities for professional development, both within our school and across the Diamond Learning Partnership Trust.
- Full training and support to become competent in caring for their medical needs.
For more information please visit the Leverington Primary Academy website: www.leveringtonprimary.co.uk
Visits are warmly welcomed so that you can see our fantastic staff and incredible children in action. If you would like further information, please contact the school office for an informal discussion on 01945 584915.
Leverington Primary Academy is part of the Diamond Learning Partnership Trust. The Trust currently incorporates 12 Primary Academies. Joining a Multi Academy Trust means joining an organisation with an array of career opportunities.
Application forms can be downloaded from the Diamond Learning Partnership Trust website:
Application forms with covering letter should be sent to HR@diamondlearningtrust.comor posted to:
Winhills Primary Academy
Off Duck Lane
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Thursday 16 May 2019
Interviews will be held w/c: 20 May 2019