Hartford Infant School
Mayfield Crescent, Hartford, Huntingdon, Cambs, PE29 1UL
Tel: 01480 398046 Email: email@example.com
Headteacher: Mrs R Lee
Job Title: SENCo
Accountable to: Headteacher
Grade: M6/UPS & SENCo allowance to be agreed
Hours: 0.4 full-time equivalent (fte)
We are looking for someone who:
- is a non-judgemental person who can develop excellent relationships with parents/carers from the offset;
- has achieved the SENCo Award;
- is passionate about making learning effective and enjoyable;
- can fill our children’s lives with creativity, challenge, wonder and fun;
- can create a haven in which our children feel especially safe, valued and happy;
- has a thorough knowledge of the SEND code of Practice;
- has good experience of working with children, including SEN, EAL, LAC and disadvantaged;
- has excellent communication and organisational skills;
- has a willingness to get involved in the whole school community;
- a desire to support colleagues within the CAM Academy Trust;
- can work effectively with the Headteacher, senior leadership team, governing body and a number of external agencies, including the CAM Academy Trust, to implement change and continuously monitor and evaluate all aspects of school life to seek improvement.
The role would involve:
- working 0.4 fte each week on set days;
- working closely with the senior leadership team, including the Parent Inclusion Worker;
- working closely with parents of children with SEN [creating EHAs, writing EHCP referrals, leading annual reviews, etc] including children prior to starting Reception, developing good relationships with pre-school feeder settings, and during their time at Hartford Infant School;
- leading TA SEN development across the school;
- coordinating a subject across the school.
We can offer:
- an excellent working school environment where staff are happy, positive and dedicated, sharing responsibility at all levels;
- a hardworking and dedicated team with a commitment to raising standards and improving teaching and learning;
- a dedicated SENCo office;
- a well-resourced school with highly effective and well established intervention strategies;
- a strong and clear vision with an engaging curriculum which develops and celebrates the potential of each child;
- well-behaved and motivated pupils;
- a supportive governing body and leadership team to work with.
Visits to the school are encouraged. For an application form and further details or to arrange a visit please contact the school office.
Closing date: noon on Friday 8th June 2018. Interviews: Friday 15th June 2018.
An offer of employment will be subject to receipt of good references and satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Hartford Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.