We are looking for a lively and enthusiastic early years practitioner with a minimum Level 2 qualification to take on key working responsibilities within our small, friendly setting.
The position will initially be for 21 hours per week, term time only.
Main duties to include:
- Assisting with planning and carrying through activities based on the Early Years Foundation Stage appropriate for the children’s development
- Acting as a Key Person for a group of children, ensuring their needs are reflected in the planning of routines and activities
- Liaising professionally with parents/carers, informing them about the pre-school and its curriculum, exchanging information about children’s progress and encouraging parental involvement
You will have:
- Minimum Level 2 qualification in early years
- Commitment to young children and families
- Previous experience of working with young children
Fordham Pre-School are committed to safeguarding and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
To apply contact Fiona Docwra or Kate Stafford on 01638 724183 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Job title: Early Years Practitioner
Responsible to: Manager
Purpose of the job: To work as a key person and as part of the pre-school team under the direction of the manager.To provide safe, high quality ducation and care for young children which meets the individual needs of children attending the setting.
Safeguarding requirement:Fordham Pre-School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding cross the whole organisation.
- To assist with the planning of the curriculum using the Early Years Foundation Stage(EYFS) for guidance.
- To help to set up for the daily session and to help tidy away at the end.
- To act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met.
- To work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- To advise the Manager of any concerns e.g. health and well-being of children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To take action to support the setting to achieve and maintain a minimum good Ofsted rating at the next inspection.
- To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences.
- To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures.
- To support snack and lunch times within the setting.
- To actively participate at team meetings, supervision meetings and appraisal meetings.
- To attend training courses as required and to take responsibility for personal development.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff, which is acquired as part of the job.
- To be aware of and adhere to all the setting’s operational policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety,fire precautions, dropping off and collection of children,food safety,cleanliness of the setting.
- To ensure that adequate records are kept and updated regularly.
- To promote the setting to current parents and potential customers.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and the postholder will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties discussed and directed by the line manager. The postholder is also expected to be flexible anda daptable in their approach to fulfilling their duties.
- Willingness to learn and undertake further training.
- Level 2 early years education and childcare qualification or equivalent, and a commitment toobtaining a level 3 qualification.
- Previous experience of working with young children.
- Sound knowledge f child development from birth to five years.
- Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage(EYFS).
- Knowledge of safeguarding and child protection procedures.
- Good communication skills.
- An understanding of play-based approaches to children’s learning and development.
- A commitment tocontinuously promote a culture of safeguarding.
- A commitment to equal opportunities.
- A commitment to working effectively with young children and families.
- A friendly and flexible approach at work which facilitates the development of effective relationships.
- Level 3 early years education and childcare qualification or equivalent.
- Current First Aid at Work qualification.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act(1974)and does require an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check. Applicants must be prepared to disclose and convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.