Highfield Academies are area special schools with sites in Ely and Littleport. Highfield Ely has 120 pupils on roll, and Highfield Littleport opened with a small roll in September 2017, but is growing steadily and in April 2019 will be a third full. The age range for both sites is 2 and 19 years of age and all pupils have Education, Health and Care Plans for a wide range of Special Educational Needs.
Due to the rapid expansion of the school we are looking to recruit a class teacher whom will initially be based in our primary department at Highfield Littleport. The post is required for April but a September start will be considered for the right candidate.
We are looking to appoint:
- An outstanding practitioner who is able to meet a range of learning needs in the classroom
- A team member who can think creatively and demonstrate excellent communication skills
- A teacher who is able to demonstrate a flexible approach and recognises the importance of accessing learning opportunities outside the classroom
- A teacher who has experience of or an interest in working with students with a range of sensory needs and associated behaviours
- Somebody who demonstrates the ability to lead an area of whole school provision
In return we offer:
- The opportunity to play a significant part in the many exciting developments we are currently leading
- A strong leadership team with a shared vision of school development for Highfield Academies
- Working alongside a welcoming, caring and supportive staff who are committed to providing the best outcomes for all learners
- An exciting teaching role where no two days are ever the same!
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) clearance.
Closing date for applications: Midday on Wednesday 26th February
Interviews to be held: Friday 8th March
For more information and a tour of the school, please contact the Academy on 01353 223301. The Application Form can be downloaded from our website, www.highfieldlittleport.org Apply for this Job
(On School Website)