Job title: Deputy Play Leader
Pay: £9.00 per hour to: £11.50 per hour depending upon experience and qualifications
Closing date: 2 May 2017
- Monday to Friday breakfast sessions from 7.00 to 9.15
- Monday to Friday after-School sessions from 2.30 to 6.15
For the right candidates, we would also consider applications from candidates that wish to work a combination of the sessions.
The roles within City Kids are term time only Monday to Friday, however, there is the possibility of working in our partner Club’s holiday club outside of the terms.
The main duties will include the following:
- Be a proactive member of a small but friendly and efficient staff team.
- Provide a safe, stimulating, nurturing and inclusive environment for all children.
- Setting up equipment and activities before commencement and arrival of children.
- To plan, prepare and deliver quality/creative play opportunities within a healthy, safe and caring environment.
- Providing comprehensive care for the children including collecting them from School and delivering them safely to parents or carers.
- Ensure all children attending sessions are registered on arrival and signed out by parent/carer on departure.
- Providing healthy refreshments and ensuring that hygiene, health and safety standards are met.
- Consulting with children and involving them in planning activities.
- Undertaking appropriate and relevant external training.
- Working within the framework of the club’s policies and procedures.
- Preferably relevant work experience within the childcare field.: 1 year. However, it is more important that you are whole-hearted and enthusiastic about the holistic development of the children we work with. Therefore, for the right candidate, full training would be provided.
- For an informal discussion please contact the Playleader, Sue Folbigg on 07804 325925
City Kids Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Applying for the Role
If you would like an application form and further details, please contact Sue Folbigg, City Kids Playleader, in the following ways:
- Telephone on 07804 325925
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can either provide these electronically or, if you prefer, a paper version.
Please complete the application form and return to Sue Folbigg
- By email at email@example.com
- By post to Sue Folbigg, City Kids Playcentre, C/O Our Lady and the English Martyrs, The Catholic Rectory, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 1JR